The 2016 Ancient Mariner Regatta Registration is now open! Please take a few minutes to fill out the form as completely as possible.
Registration and Housing FAQ
2016 Boarding Guide (FINAL)
Here are the forms that your ship needs to have in order to register upon arrival at the regatta
- Release Form (one for every PERSON who is being registered, adults and youth)
- Ship Roster (one per registered regatta number)
- Medical Release Form (only for compelling reasons, should be turned in at least one week prior to the regatta to email@example.com)
If you have any questions regarding the forms, please email
Below are some important updates and information. Please read carefully. We will continue to update the website and Facebook page with additional information, so please check back regularly!
General Meeting Highlights:
- The price of the regatta will remain the same at $100. This year we will have a ship fee based on the following registration dates:
Early Bird Registration - Online registration submitted and confirmed by April 29th: Ship Fee - $0
On Time Registration - Online registration submitted and confirmed by May 6th: Ship Fee - $50
Late Registration - Online Registration submitted and confirmed by May 13th: Ship Fee - $50 plus $50 late fee.
All fees and numbers must be paid and confirmed by your selected registration deadline. No new registrations or changes will be accepted after May 13th.
Proposals - the following proposals were submitted and voted on at the general meeting:
- Pulling Boat: Change the course to a u-shaped course. This was not voted on as the committee felt that they are unable to guarantee a specific shape of course. However it is generally agreed that in its current location, a u-shaped course is important and the committee will look at all options in order to make that happen for the 2016 regatta. Final vote decision: No vote was made- administrative change
- Mariner Quiz: Change the quiz to reduce the number of questions that relate to other subjects already quizzed at the regatta, and increase the number of questions relating to areas that were underrepresented on the quiz (e.g. uniform parts). Final vote decision: No vote was made- administrative change
- Semaphore: Eliminate the event. Final vote decision: No.
- Ring Buoy: A change to the scoring of the heaving line event; if the ring were to touch the front of the target, then the throw would count. Final vote decision: No.
- Ship Swimming: A change to how the penalties are scored; the final result reduces the penalty applied to rule infractions. Final vote decision: Yes
- Radio: Change how the radio event is completed by crew members, more emphasis on using the radio and less on spelling and punctuation. Final vote decision: Yes
When the Boarding Guide is available, please review the events that have had changes made to them as a result of the General Meeting.
- The vote to name who the Sportsmanship Trophy will be named for this year resulted in the trophy being named for the lovely Ms. Jane Chisaki, MSS Odyssey.
- For more updates please see the summary of changes located in the boarding guide.
Below is the 2015 Boarding Guide, we will release the 2016 boarding guide when it becomes available.
2015 Boarding Guide
Please send us an email if you have any questions